Are you looking for a fun, inexpensive craft for the holidays? You can use these colored pastas to make all kinds of fun stuff!
- make great necklaces by threading the pasta onto a string of yarn. TIP: wrap a piece of tape around the tip of the yarn to make threading easier... or you can order these tipped yarn laces
- awesome pieces of art can be created by gluing pasta shapes onto cardstock. These make great Thanksgiving or Christmas cards. (The green penne pasta would make really fun Christmas trees) We recently glued pasta shapes onto paper in the outline of a person during a lesson of How God Made Us!
How do I color pasta? I'm so glad you asked!
- empty 1 box of pasta into a gallon size zip bag
- add 1/4 cup rubbing alcohol into the bag of pasta and 10-15 drops of food coloring
- red color requires more drops than other colors
- mix colors to create new colors
- add more or less food coloring to create the color you desire
- seal the bag and toss it until all pasta is covered
- set the bag aside and allow the pasta and color to set approximately 30 minutes - 1 hour. The color will deepen the longer it sets.
- line a table or counter top with butcher paper. Drain and dump each color pasta onto the paper to dry
- allow pasta to dry for 24 hours
- store dry colored pasta in gallon size zip bags until ready to use