- stay where one is or delay action until a particular time or until something else happens
- to remain in readiness for some purpose
Waiting is an action word… and it’s something I am doing right now! In the physical realm, it may appear that nothing is happening, but in the spiritual realm, I know that it is!
It’s kind of like holding a pose while exercising... just holding still, and letting the muscles do all the work. It’s not always easy. I have to focus, and I feel the burn! Even though there appears to be nothing happening (on the outside) during this time of being still, there is lots going on… muscles are being stretched and strengthened! My physical body is becoming stronger and stronger.. better than before :) I have to hold this pose, counting slowly, until it’s time to move to the next one.
It’s hard… I struggle…
I want to count faster so that it will end sooner…
It hurts… I’m feeling impatient… I have to focus more intently to continue…
This is so similar to waiting on God. There are prayers to be answered and decisions to be made. While we are waiting, we have options. Did you know that?
- We can view this position of waiting as torturous, agonizing, and painful as we can complain, cry, and become more desperate, etc. Can anyone relate?
- We can hold in the position of prayer, faith, expectation, and readiness until God moves us. I love that! It’s during these times of waiting that He is strengthening and stretching us to prepare us for the next part of the plan that HE has for us. How exciting is that!!! If you look at it this way, this waiting thing is pretty cool!
God has a plan, and He will reveal it in His time.
- pray (focus on talking to God and listening to Him)
- have faith (believe that He is at work in your life, and trust Him that He only wants His best for you. You are His top priority!)
- expect (He is stretching you and strengthening you during this time. You will be stronger and more equipped for the next move God has for you.)
- be ready (God is equipping you! Be ready! The next move is coming! God’s timing is perfect, and He will not disappoint you or let you down.)
I’m so excited for you! Hold that pose, everybody!
“But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don’t get tired, they walk and don’t lag behind.”